Sunday, March 19, 2017

This is from 2012

My scissors are skillbased 
Open and closed 
To the cuts on my fingertips 
Arrows pointing directly to the thoughts I can't address 
at least in the formal sense 
Static and sticking 
To the bottom of my shoe 
Where the gum used to be 
And I lift my dress 
And I left my dress 
Wrinkled on the floor 
How times a week do we change our underwear? 
How many times a week do I change myself? 
Should I change the fact
that I laugh too loud 
that I laughed at your friend's mistake 
that I forgot to pick up my mouthguard 
that I forgot to buy deodorant 
Maybe I'll get around to it today 
Or maybe I could go for a more natural scent 
Potpourri in my sock drawer 
Just like grandmother 
Or maybe I'll pick up my secret scented cocoa butter 
While I wait in line to buy yet another can of soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment